In groups of no more the six
What is new media?
According to my definition, the following six artists are new media artists.
For this exercise, research each artist, tell me why they can be considered new media artists. How are they innovators? What do they have in common and how do they differ?
List your sources in a bibliography using mla format (added Sept. 19)
In groups of no more than 6, explore the following artists.
- Vivaldi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdFHJXciAQ
- John Cage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOWy3ys8Ag
- Kutiman: http://thru-you.com/
- Evelyn Glennie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3V6zNER4g
- Golan Levin, Scott Gibbons, Gregory Shakar, Yasmin Sohrawardy: http://www.flong.com/projects/telesymphony/
- Eric Whiteacre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs
Use the new media wiki: http://imagearts.ryerson.ca/nmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page to enter your answers.
Create a post in your blog with a link to the wiki page….